Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Breaking Dawn

I'm so glad that when I drive in to work before 7AM, the sun is coming up. It makes it easier somehow to be awake. Take a look at Brad's cell phone pics from last night's gymnastics class with Zeke. Brad thought this would be a fun activity for him and Zeke on Monday nights when I teach my class. I love that they have this bonding time and look forward to being there myself in a few weeks when my students are on spring break.

A word about Zeke's birthmother: We sent her a photo album and Christmas card (no letter) and it was actually delivered on Christmas. Last week, we received a thank you letter from her in the mail. It was such a lovely surprise! It was in Vietnamese and a good friend helped us get it translated right away. Her words were so sweet and kind as she thanked us for sending her such beautiful photos of the baby. It just confirms my committment to send her 2 photo albums each year. I'm also working on finding someone to translate a letter into Vietnamese so she can know our impressions of Zeke and how he is doing. Each adoptive family ought to decide what's right for them and what they are most comfortable with when it comes to communicating (or not) with the birth family. I actually prayed that we would be matched with a child whose birthmother we would meet. I felt this would be such a blessing for Zeke as he grows up to know something about his birthmother and most importantly, to know that she loves him.

2 comments:

Sue and Mark said...

I'm glad to hear that Zeke is feeling good! I'm getting my pictures ready to send to our birth family. Henry is doing very well!

Laura said...

I think that's so sweet that you are able to be in contact with Zeke's birth mother. I'm glad to hear she was so appreciative of the photos you sent! :)