PRAISE THE LORD! Our I-600 and related docs should arrive on our case manager's doorstep tomorrow morning. Then, they're off to Vietnam. This is THE big step we were waiting to take. We're so thankful we've made it this far.
What does this mean? Basically, Vietnam has said, "Yep. He's yours as far as we're concerned." Now, it's up to the US government to agree and say, "Yep. He's yours." Then, we can go get him! So, we're in the final waiting stage. We don't officially get to start counting until we get a confirmation email from USCIS saying they received our I-600. I expect to get that in a couple of weeks. Supposedly, they will process our case in 60 working days. We don't yet know if we'll have to do the DNA test on the baby and birth mother. Will keep you posted on that, of course. A very, very interesting side note. In a couple of weeks, we will be getting copies of all the info on our case that Vietnam compiled. It will include the "referral photo" of our baby, which (I think) will show him when he first entered the orphanage. There will also be info on the birth mother, including a photo. Obviously, we want to know everything we can about our baby and his birth family so we're very eager to get this information.
A call to prayer: I have been praying about this part of the process since BEFORE we were matched to a baby, praying that God would prepare the heart(s) of whoever would handle our case on the US side. Please join me in praying that God will absolutely BLOW OUR MINDS with how smoothly and quickly we get our approval. I believe in miracles. I'm praying for one now.
3 comments:
OH YEAH!!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!! God IS good! I am so excited for you guys!
Crystal
I am so happy that you finally filed. I pray for a speedy approval. Now you can enjoy your trip and just think it will help take your mind off the wait.
Michelle
Praise God!! This is such wonderful news! I am praying for you and this process ~Mandy
Post a Comment