Monday, January 28, 2008

Adjusting Expectations

Given that we thought "for sure" that we'd get a referral before Christmas and here we are, February knocking on the door, we're going to be very conservative in our estimates of travel. We are simply going to say that we hope to travel by the end of the year to get Zeke. Will it be sooner than December? I certainly hope so! But, given the unexpected twists and turns of this process and the roller coaster-ness of international adoption, I'm going with an uber conservative estimate...and then hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Check out our presidential endorsement if you haven't already. I think you'll enjoy.

Also, look at the teddy bear being hawked in the national circulars this weekend. Brad had fun scanning the ad and posting it.

We saw two great movies this weekend: There Will Be Blood and Michael Clayton. Both are intense and definitely worth seeing. Even though they're both excellent films, we still think No Country for Old Men should get the best pic award on Oscar Sunday. It took the top prize at last night's SAG Awards. And it was no surprise that the incomparable Daniel Day Lewis got the SAG honor for best acting. He turns in the best performance of 2007 in There Will Be Blood...hands down!

1 comment:

vinceandalisa said...

Oh, Missy & Brad, I wish I could snap my fingers and...
I understand your agony, sounds like our Ethiopia adoption might take longer than originally anticipated as well. This is where Romans 8:28 meets the pavement...God works all things for good...guess we're still in the 'works', but, the 'good' IS coming!