Monday, October 22, 2007

Blessed with some excellent news!

We found out today that our dossier got logged in by Vietnam on October 12th. That's when our official wait began for our baby (like we haven't been waiting our whole lives for this!). That's a full week earlier than I expected so this is excellent news. We expect to get our Child for Consideration (his photo, medical reports, etc.) within the next month or two, definitely by Christmas. We believe Zeke has been born and we pray for him everyday, that God will watch over him and keep him safe, healthy and happy until we get there.

This weekend, we finally made it to the theatre to see King of Kong. This was by far the most entertaining documentary I've ever seen. (That's not to say it was the best, just the most entertaining.) The uninhibited display of sheer nerd-dom throughout the movie was great fun. If you get a chance to see this doc, be sure to watch it. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it just like we did!

We had a lovely weekend, recouping from a very, very busy week. We're both taking off work this Thursday and Friday. We may just hang out in town and not do much. Wouldn't that be a little piece of heaven?!?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

M'S THAT SURE IS EXCITING NEWS!! THAT IS GREAT. LOVE YOU, DAD.

Mrs. Misty said...

I could just cry!!!! Zeke is going to be in your arms before you know it!!!! Let me know if Brad needs some more practice holding a baby!!!!
Love You!!
Misty

Three Gals and a Guy said...

What blessed news! We, too, will be praying for little Zeke as he awaits meeting his mommy and daddy. We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet him!
Love, Mandy

Laura said...

I'm so excited for you both! I can't wait to hear about the referral for your son!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT news!! He will be here before you know it and you won't remember what life was like before Zeke. Can't wait!!!
love,
Mom/t

Anonymous said...

I am very excited for you. I am wondering if there is a chance we might travel at the same time! We too are expecting a referral around your time frame...probably around December. Fantastic news that you got such a quick LID, and I'll bet Zeke is born already. Yeah!!!

~patience

GLS said...

Great news!! Can't wait to see you guys with little Zeke in your arms...that day is coming soon!!
Love,
Laura

Wendy said...

This is awesome news!!!!! I can't wait to hang out with Zeke!!! I'm definitely prayin' alongside y'all! Nuttin' but love--Auntie Weed!