Monday, October 23, 2006

Bye, bye baby

At least for now. Today's blood test confirmed I am having a miscarriage. There was nothing we could've done to prevent it. I will try to let it happen naturally and only resort to a D&C if the natural process fails. So, how do I feel? I have to quote Stephen King: "It is what it is." That was his response when NPR's Susan Stamburg asked him how he felt about losing the prolific creativity he had in his younger years. It is what it is. There's nothing to be done about it. Yes, there is profound sadness and grief. Yes, there is physical pain. But I believe all things happen for a reason. God knows the plan, God knows the score (and, by the way, the score is Infertility 38, Brad and Missy 0). Thank you in advance for respecting our private grieving process. Any comments here on the blog or emails are appreciated. But don't feel like you have to say anything except that you're praying for us. There's nothing more meaningful than that.

What's next? We don't know. And we're content not knowing for a while. We'll just enjoy the holidays, let my body recover and make some decisions in the new year.

Despite all the heartaches, we must look for a bright side...you gotta smile and laugh to keep from crying your eyes out:
*No more daily progesterone shots!!
*I can take ibuprofen for pain!!
*I can go back to working out!!
*I have an excuse to indulge in some "retail therapy!!"
*We finally have some certainty after weeks of not knowing.

Thank you for your prayers. We continue to need prayer as we seek guidance from God on where the path will lead us next...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy, I am so so very sorry to hear this. It is truly a loss and you will need time to grieve. Lean on your husband and God and feel what you need to feel. It is hard, but each day will get a little better.

I didn't want to post but I lost my baby last week too. The feelings are still very fresh, and I still hurt. But I am beginning to see the light.

God bless you,
April

Missy and Brad said...

April-It broke my heart to read about your loss. Thank you for sharing that with me. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I know God will give you comfort and peace. I'm asking God to send that to both of us right now and to help us understand there's a big picture, even though we can't see it just yet.
In God's Love,
Missy

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Love Y'all!

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog and my heart is breaking for you both. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you now. Lots of long distance hugs coming your way from me.

Anonymous said...

Missy, I am so very sorry. I linked the site to the gals on the board so they would know. We love you and are praying for you.

Crystal

Anonymous said...

Missy, I'm so sorry and very saddened by your news. I know exactly what you are going thru. Just remember to keep your head up and hold fast to the strength of God. He WILL get you thru all of this.
Kevin and I are praying for you!
Love ya!

~Sonya