Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Holiday Flicks

What are your favorite holiday movies? While my sister was here, we watched The Holiday. That's a great one, for sure. I love White Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas (I get teary-eyed every time!), and The Snowman (yes, the animated short set to music). When I was little, I loved the Christmas cartoon Nester, about the donkey who carried Mary. Talk about getting teary-eyed. Poor Nester. I also still get a kick out of Home Alone. If you didn't see Nativity Story, which came out a few years ago, I highly recommend it. It's very well done. What are you watching these days to get you in the Christmas spirit?

4 comments:

Brad Belote said...

Christmas Vacation

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Love Actually

I associate The Lord of the Rings movies with the holidays.

Anonymous said...

I love Nester... I think the songs were written by Roger Miller, one of our favorite folk singer/songwriters. He wrote the music (and maybe the play) Big River, I think.

Anonymous said...

What about The Christmas Story and Its A Wonderful Life?! And, the new classic that we are anxiously waiting for "The JBB Production of Barbara Streisand's Jingle Bells"

Ruthie said...

Roger Miller did write Big River. That is one of my all time favorite scores. Love, love, love the songs in that show!

You're right, Trav...I missed A Christmas Story, which is one of my faves...love the leg lamp! Frah-hee-lay! I like It's a Wonderful Life but it's not one of my faves.

I don't know why JBB is taking so long to produce his Christmas miracle movie...