Monday, November 10, 2008

Zeke on the Mend

It seems like Zeke is doing better. He only woke up once last night (thank you Lord!) and that's a HUGE improvement.

My parents will be here a week from today and this will be the first time they'll meet Zeke. We're so excited and so is Zeke! We have created a photo album for Zeke with photos of Lolo, Grandpa Ron, TT, Big Daddy and Mama and Dada. Zeke loves to look at the album. His favorite photo is the first photo of the three of us taken at the orphanage in Lang Son. Zeke will look at this photo a long time and will point to each of us over and over again. I wonder if the unusual color of the walls reminds him of the orphanage, which was his home for the first 11 months of his life.

It's finally gotten quite cold here. That means Zeke gets bundled up in his big coat from Old Navy. I bought it a size too big because the smaller coat just fit and I was afraid it might not make it through the end of the winter. When he wears this coat, it's like the little brother from "A Christmas Story." He can hardly put his arms down. Too cute. I'll have to capture this with a photo today and post it.

Zeke has discovered the magic of coloring. I bought him some crayons and a giant coloring book from the Star Wars Clone Wars. He loves it (Brad does too since it's a Clone Wars book). I've got some coloring photos I'll have to post later.

I've decided to keep my fall decor up (the vote was unanimous!) at least until Thanksgiving. We are not putting up a Christmas tree this year. Many of you know that even before Zeke arrived, we often skipped the tree because the cats would play with it and then we were gone so much around Christmas anyway. We know that if we put one up, Zeke would be in it all the time. It will be amusing to see how he reacts to Lolo's and TT's trees when we visit them at Christmas!

1 comment:

kingsport said...

GLAD LITTLE DUDE IS FEELING BETTER. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM. LOVE YOU, ALL G-P RON...