Saturday, November 08, 2008

Poor Lil' Zeke

Zeke has an ear infection and a stuffy nose. That explains the torturous nights we've been having. He's on antibiotics now and infant Motrin so he seems to be doing mucho better. Last night was the worst episode by far. I had foolishly let him nap an extra hour yesterday because I knew he was sick and probably didn't feel well. So, it was enough to ensure he was wide awake and "chirping" at 2:30AM. We tried everything to get him back to sleep, including a drive around town. After all that, we put him in his crib, he cried for a few minutes, I swooped in to hold him and rock him and he fell asleep. No trick...he was just exhausted by that point. So, today I'm back to being "the enforcer" on the nap schedule...no more than 2 hours. I hope that prevents a repeat of last night.

3 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Poor Zeke. I think ear pain and dental pain or the worst and so intolerable. I hope he's feeling better and that Mom and Dad are resting :)

Katie and Justin said...

Poor baby! I am so sorry he has an ear infection. Poo. He is so gorgeous! Seriously. What a looker. Have you tried the night-time oragel? It seems to work better than the original oragel. Call me so we can chat Twilight!

Wendy said...

Bless his pea-pickin' little heart! Y'all drove around town trying to get him to sleep? Ahhhh... the things you'll do to get a youngin to hush! :)