Monday, February 18, 2008

Fruity

So, this is what happens when I get a little wild at the grocery store! I'm off today for Prez Day and I decided to make a really nice dinner for Brad because I love him and he had to work today. So, I was purusing the fruit section and saw one remaining papaya. I thought, "What the heck?" Eating tropical fruit sure does sound delicious and not at all like February. So, when I spliced that baby open, well...you can see how beautiful it was:





I put the papaya together with non-fat plain yogurt, a carton of blueberries and some honey for a delicious smoothie. Yum!! I also spent some time pouring through the 2008 Cooking Light book today. I found some spring recipes that are sure to get rid of the winter blues.

I also spent part of my day shopping for some new tennies. I found some I really liked at Shoe Carnival. They were even on sale! I got to the register and they rang up $15 more than I expected. I said, "I thought these were on sale." The cashier said, "Just the blue ones." Naturally, the blues ones didn't come in my size (that's amazon size 11). So, I sucked it up and bought the ones I liked that were my size. My rationale? I'll wear these puppies A LOT and I've been kicking around the idea of training for a full marathon pre-Zeke. So, if I end up doing that, my new Nike Pegasus trainers will come in handy. (For all those Mario Brothers fans out there, I kept thinking, "I'm getting myself a P-Wing!!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your beautiful solo on Sunday during offering! I'm sorry Curt made a scene by almost falling off the bench while you were singing! Soon you will be watching your children do silly things, too!