Friday, March 09, 2007

Proud Mary




I had the chance this week to interview Mary Wilson of the Supremes (that's THE Supremes, as in Diana Ross). She was at the state capitol to testify for a bill designed to crack down on imposter Supremes. Apparently, there are lots of groups traveling around claiming to be the original Supremes. Anyway, she's like in her 60's. As you can see, she's absolutely gorgeous. She was also very gracious with her time in talking with me. She even sang a snippet of "Stop! In the Name of Love" for my story! What a lady! That's me, my graduate assistant, Mike and Mary in the bottom photo.

Brad is getting back late tonight from Florida. He has decided that I get to go with him next year. I'm not bitter about him leaving me behind in the rain and cold of Missouri this year while he frolicked in the warm, sandy surf on an island outside of Jacksonville...no, I'm not bitter at all.I just arranged to meet a friend for dinner and a movie at our arthouse cinema before getting Brad from the airport. Should be a blast! Hope you all have a super weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

does there really need to be legislation on regulating supreme imposters? jeez, shouldn’t government be spending their time trying to regulate mercury pollution and health care?

Missy and Brad said...

Yep...I agree! Isn't it great to see our tax dollars at work?!?!
Missy

Anonymous said...

SHOOT I WAS JUST GETTING READY TO GET MY OWN SUPREME GROUP TOGETHER. I THINK I COULD PULL IT OFF. OH WELL HAVE A GREAT DAY. DADDDDDDDD....