Saturday, March 17, 2007

I am not an artist...but I play one on TV

I'm pretending to be artistic this weekend as I've begun assembling our photos for the dossier. You can submit up to 10. There are some minimum requirements and some "duh" instructions (like don't use photos with partially clothed people or alcoholic drinks) but basically you can be as creative as you want in selecting and displaying the photos. We browsed the craft shops today and I came away with enough scrapbook swag to create some nifty looking pages. We are going to photograph them so we can share them with everyone...once we send them off to China, we won't get to see them again! These are the photos the CCAA (Chinese officials) will use to match us with a child. Believe it or not, they actually try to find a child that looks like you. Our friends who are the regional reps for our adoption agency have one biological child, a Chinese daughter and are waiting to adopt their second Chinese daughter. Their first Chinese daughter, Reagan looks A LOT like the dad. Seriously!! They have similar eyes and facial features. They came to see Cinderella. After the show, he was holding Reagan and her little face was next to his. WOW! What a resemblance! Anyway, it's exciting to assemble our photos. After Friday's trip to KC, we started talking more about the nursery and decor. I also bought my first copy of Adoptive Families magazine. There was a great article in there about how you should start thinking like a couple that's expecting a baby...because you are!! How fabulous!

If you haven't yet, you should check out my sister's blog (link to the left). She's so good about posting photos and writing about her experiences in Thailand (Crystal--she got a kick out of your gecko comment!!). She's doing great. Brad and I sent her and her roommate an Easter Fun Pack, consisting mainly of chocolates. Wendy is convinced they're going to melt. We are fairly confident they'll be fine. We'll see!

Hope you are having a super weekend!! oxox

No comments: