Monday, January 29, 2007

Over the moon!


That's how I keep describing the way we feel. It's so exciting. I actually found a children's book for adopted kids called "Over the Moon." Of course I ordered it. It may not be any good...we'll have to see. We had a lovely weekend. We spent a lot of time writing our autobiographies. That is a lot of work! You have to be specific about a lot of things. They're typically 5 pages long but mine is 7 pages, single spaced. It took that much room to adequately cover all the topics. We'll keep you posted on our progress.


We met with two other adopting couples from our church for dinner Friday night and had so much fun! We're so fortunate to be able to share the ups and downs of this process with Misty, Joel, Laura and Greg. We're looking forward to regular meetings with you guys! Here's a photo of me and Brad at dinner Friday. Thank goodness Misty is a better photographer than me...or was it Joel who took the picture?!?!

3 comments:

Mrs. Misty said...

I have heard great things about Over the Moon. It has been the #1 recommended children's book in a couple of adoption books I have read!! It is on my list of items to buy!!
We had a great time Friday and can't wait to do it again!!

GLS said...

I have never heard of Over the Moon...we'll have to add that one to our list as well. Don't forget to check out I Love You Like Crazy Cakes, it's a good one too.

Have fun with those autobiographies and home study questions! :-)

Anonymous said...

i want to read brad's biography. will he let me? :)

has weed left across the sea yet?