Saturday, January 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

There's definitely a theme to my 30th b-day...Brad got me a scroll with the name Lily written in Chinese characters!! It was made in China. It's gorgeous. I'm going to get it framed and hang it in the living room as a reminder of hope. Weed arrived Thursday, about 5 and a half hours later than scheduled (more details to come on her journey). For my b-day today, she presented me with a bag full of baby goodies, including a bib that says, "Spit happens!" I was rolling on the floor laughing! But I was also tearful thinking about our Lily. Mom sent me a beautiful card and a lamb beanie baby (named Baaabsy!!). She said to put it in Lily's room when I'm finished playing with it! Hahaha! Brad's mom shipped two Lou Malnati's pizzas to us this week. My faves!! Thanks, Terry! YUM!! Last night was a blast too, having a celebration dinner with some of my buds from work...and they got me sweet gifts too. From Tina, a lovely pillow with the words, "Faith, Hope and Love" embroidered on it and a candle holder from Rachel! I'm so blessed! Even with all this love, I do feel a little weird about turning 30. My best friend Katie (who turned 30 yesterday!) suggested and I agree that we should celebrate "backwards birthdays" from here on out. So, from now on, we get a year YOUNGER on our birthdays! I love it! Thank you all for being a part of my life and for sharing your love with me...that's the best gift of all!

PS I had a blast at The Skinny Improv last night. I was totally embarressed by the attention on stage but it was hilarious and only fed my secret desire to be a comedianne! (Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Missy!! Sounds like you've had a wonderful day!! :)

Mrs. Misty said...

Happy Birthday!!! We missed you this morning.

Anonymous said...

hey sister, happy birthday! i tried calling and got your machine 3 times but it cut me off before i could leave my singing. hope you all have a great time together. love you, trav and mel