Friday, October 31, 2008
Zeke Speak
So, my former Mizzou professor who still works with me on political coverage called the house yesterday. We hadn't talked in a while and he wanted to discuss election night. Zeke was with me when I answered the phone. I had the cordless with me but switched to the other phone when the batteries died. Zeke picked up the cordless and started talking into the phone...and I thought I heard him say HELLO! When Brad got home, I gave Zeke the phone and Brad agreed that it sounded like he was saying hello!!!! I tried again this morning...sure enough, a two syllable "word" that sounds a lot like hello. This is so exciting!! He came to us saying ma-ma and da-da and he has directed those words at us in the proper context so we think he understands. But this is the first time he's said a new word since we've had him. Praise the Lord for Zeke's mad language skillz!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So exciting!!! They are just little sponges...soaking up information like crazy!!!
Misty
Post a Comment