Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Paging Dr. Zeke
So, Zeke had his first US doctor's visit today. He was a good sport and Dr. Vo says he looks great. She ended the visit by giving him some animal crackers. He REALLY gobbled those up. The best news? He's gained 1.3 pounds since LAST WEEK! Wonderful! I guess getting him going on food-food is paying off. Dr. Vo ordered a whole pile of blood work and asked if we wanted to do it today. I said sure. We were out and close to the hospital. So, we get to the lab and they have to draw blood. To his credit, Zeke didn't squirm too much but he had a complete crying fit. He was sweating and heaving. My heart just ached to see him so hysterical. He quickly recovered when the blood draw was over. I immediately gave him a bottle and that helped him calm down. Dr. Vo also wanted a chest x-ray. I thought the x-ray would be a piece of cake after the blood draw. Oh no. He had a fit in the x-ray room too but again, he didn't squirm and was compliant so the techs were able to do their work. The x-ray tech gave him 2 stickers afterward and he liked that. But he was so worn out that he fell asleep on the ride home. Poor baby. At least all that is done and behind us now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ZEKE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL TROOPER TO ME. HANG IN THER ZEKE. GRAND-PA RON.
Poor little guy...he sounds like me at the Dr.! haha! Good news about his 1.3 lbs!
~Laura
Sometimes those Dr. visits can just be as hard on Mom as they are the little one! I've shed a few tears during shots before. :(
I've been thinking about your drive through post. I've decided my favorite Mom drive-thru is the library. I can browse for books online, request them and pick them up at the window. No chance of LOUD meltdowns in the QUIET library ... not that we still have those or anything. :)
Keep enjoying the little things!
why the chest X-ray?
can't wait to meet zeke!
Post a Comment