Another round of China referrals came out this week. Congrats to those families who got to see their China babes for the first time! Here's a blog with photos of their new baby and their older daughter also from China: http://www.malingerkam.blogspot.com/ Oh, how I love to look at these blogs and share in the joy!!
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but the number of dates covered by this latest round of referrals was quite low. China has referred babies to families with LIDs through December 14th, 2005. ARGH! When will they get through the 2006 LIDs (Greg and Laura!) and get around to us (April 23, 2007)? Who knows. On a positive note, we got news from the director of our China agency, Great Wall. She doesn't think the wait will reach four years. That's great news but I'm quite skeptical. I mean, it's a simple numbers game. You've got to look at the current rate of referrals and you see that unless there's a significant speed-up, we'll be lucky to travel in 2011 for Lily!! Double ARGH! I do believe it's all part of God's plan for our family and I take so much peace and comfort in that. After all, if we didn't have such a long wait ahead of us for Lily, we probably would not have considered adopting from Vietnam, since China was our first country choice. And this Vietnam adoption has already brought so much excitement and richness to our lives and we haven't even seen our baby yet! So, there are blessings in the journey, often unexpected ones. Any arbitrary turns here or there and we'd be someplace else. We would be different. (yes, that's a paraphrase of Under the Tuscan Sun) We're here for a purpose and we're just trying to enjoy the ride...
1 comment:
We are also in the long China wait and so grateful that we started a concurrent adoption. We feel so blessed to have Christopher and never would have known this love if it wasn't for China being so darn slow. It was so bittersweet to start a Vietnam adoption and to come to realize the truth about the wait with China.
Post a Comment