The snow storm was a bust but we did get a dusting...enough to look pretty blowing around Saturday afternoon. We had a lovely time with Greg and Laura Friday night. We missed having Misty and Joel along for our Macaroni Grill adventure. Tickets were scarce for I Am Legend so we settled on No Country for Old Men, the latest from the Cohen Brothers (the geniuses behind Fargo and O Brother Where Art Thou). Their latest offering is perhaps their best yet. It's the story about the love of money and the violent, mean things we do for money. There was plenty to be discussed at our post-movie Starbucks visit. In addition to covering a worthwhile topic and raising really important issues, the film is beautifully directed and acted. It also features one of the creepiest bad guys I think I've ever seen on film. The icing on the cake? The amazing ear that the Cohen Brothers have for regional dialects. Here, they perfectly capture west Texas. It's so similar to northeast Tennessee!!
With Christmas a week away (!), we don't really expect to get "the call" this week about Zeke. We think it will be sometime in January. While it's disappointing to not have a photo of his sweet face to pass around to family and friends at Christmastime, we are nonetheless sure that he's alive in Vietnam somewhere. We pray for him everyday. We wonder who is caring for him. We pray that God will comfort him when he cries. Please join with us over the holidays in thinking about and praying for our little guy. That's the best Christmas present you could give us.
2 comments:
Missy, just wanted to tell you that you sounded AWESOME at church yesterday! You have such a beautiful voice, it brought tears to my eyes ~Mandy
Mandy,
Thank you for your kind words! I was a bit nervous because they didn't have a mic stand for me and I had to rest it on the piano...the one other time we did it that way, the mic fell off (!) in the middle of my song. So, I hope I sounded ok given that I was a little flustered. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Have a very Merry Christmas!
Missy
Post a Comment