Here are some thoughts I had while running the 10K last week (I did complete the race by the way...when Brad said in the previous post that I ran 99% of the race, he meant that's how much I ran...I did walk just a tiny bit when I got to the top of the last monster hill toward the very end...then I picked back up with my running):
*In some races, finishing is winning.
*Pace is a very important thing, perhaps the most important thing. You can't sprint out of the gate when you've got 6.2 miles ahead of you. Steady progress is what's important, not speed.
*You are racing yourself, not anyone else.
*Shake and Bake.
On a different subject...Are you wild about Harry? Brad just re-read all the Harry Potter books in anticipation of the final book being released. As much as I love those kinds of books, I've been slow to read Harry. I hope to pick up the first one later this year...maybe around the holidays.
Hairspray! We are going to see the new movie tonight for "date night." I can't wait since I'm a huge fan of the music from the Broadway show.
I hope all of you have a fabulous weekend!!
1 comment:
Hey! Hope y'all had fun! Was Hairspray as good as it was when I saw it with y'all? Lemme know! Have a great weekend! My weekend here in Chiang Mai has started off rainy--perfect for reading and napping! After a BUSY week at work, this'll be nice! Love ye!
Post a Comment