Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Back to Springfield!

Thank you all for following my adventures on this trip. I had a most excellent time. It was very satisifying both personally and professionally. I produced 4 stories that aired on my station last week. I hope to post them on the internet when I return. I'll provide a link here so you can give them a listen.

My Sunday visit with Benedicte, Aurelien and Clement was amazing! Clement IS the cutest child you've ever seen! We had a lovely time visiting the town of Aulememe (sp?) and their lovely home in the country. I told them their home is exactly what Americans imagine when they think of life in provencial France. I hope to post photos and video from our visit when I'm back stateside. (Benedicte! I was in such a rush at the train station, I think I left my candy purchases in your car. I hope you will simply eat them and enjoy them. And merci beaucoup encore une fois pour la nourriture et la hospitalite!)

I did end up purchasing a shirt for Lily yesterday at the Galleries Lafayette. I took some photos of the shirt but it's not easy to load them up here in the airport. I think it's quite darling!

The hotel in Paris for my last two nights was sumptuous. I did take a dip in the pool last night before going to bed. They left some outstanding chocolate on my pillow each night (this was some substantial chocolate...not just a little piece).

For my last day in Paris, I started by taking the metro to Montmarte. I had breakfast in a little cafe. Then, I hiked up the hill to see Sacre Coeur. Magnifique! I walked around inside the church, sat down for a prayer and enjoyed the view from the top of the hill. Then, I worked my way back toward Boulevard Haussmann for shopping. I visited the big department stores and some smaller boutiques. I traversed the Champs-Elysee and the Tuilleries. I made a brief excursion to the left bank for Pierre Marcolini chocolate. I went back to the Champs-Elysee for dinner and then back to my hotel. It was just a lovely day all the way around. It's nearly time to board the plane. More to come in the following days.

No comments: