Friday, November 17, 2006

Someone Still Loves You

We've got a live broadcast today from a local band called Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. They're a great indie rock band that did an accoustic set for us. Very groovy tunes!

I'm pumped about heading to St Louis tomorrow. Seeing Spamalot will be a blast!

For next week, no big turkey day plans. Brad and I are thinking about running Thursday morning in the Turkey Trot. It's a 5K. We haven't done one since the summer. It's also a fundraiser so it's for a good cause (besides getting your own rump in shape...ha!). Later Thursday, we'll probably make some kind of yummy foodstuffs. We'll share Thanksgiving with each other and our lovely kitties.

I got interviewed this week by the editor of a local magazine. It's for a feature called "My Favorite Things." This editor, Greg and I went to the same J-School so we've known each other for a while. He's a hoot and asked some amusing questions:

1. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid? Tom and Jerry
2. Favorite footwear? my flip flops from Hawaii
3. Favorite musician? Hem, Nat King Cole
4. Favorite book? The Tall Woman by Wilma Dykeman and Ahab's Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund
5. Favorite pet? Well, I just bragged on Little Buddy and Pierre Clovis...Greg thinks the name Clovis is a scream

Now, on a more serious note...

Pray for my sister, Weed. She's preparing for a mission trip to Timbuktu. I'm so excited for her and her team. But I want to send them off with loads of prayers. They will be doing "prayer walks" through villages and ministering to adults and children. Pray that their efforts will be blessed and that these people will come to know Christ.

No comments: