We are so thrilled to have I-800a approval!! WOOT!!! After talking to our adoption agency, and having multiple conversations with USCIS, we've decided to wait to submit our I-800 (the paperwork that identifies Zeb as the child we want to adopt) until we have our updated home study and can file the I-800a supplement 3. Yes, it's crazy how many steps there are. Basically, we hope that by keeping all of our paperwork together, we will eliminate the possibility of any delays in China. Once we get the I-800a supplement 3 and I-800 approved, the paperwork shifts to the US side in China and to the Chinese government. At that point, we want everything on the paperwork to be consistent, i.e. have our new address. So, as much as I hate to wait on sending in any piece of paperwork that's ready to go, I do believe this is a wise move in the long run. Our officer at USCIS knows that we are submitting these two forms together, and she says neither will take as long as the I-800a took to get approved. They take higher priority, which is reassuring.
Still, we need to pray. First, pray that our home study update is done no later than August 23. We are hoping to have our one home visit the day after we close on our new house. Then, we hope it takes a week or less to get the final draft in our hands. Please pray that this is the case. Once we have the updated home study, we will overnight it and the forms to USCIS. Pray that they will all get approved in record time--two weeks or less. This will set us up for travel in November. That has been on my heart and I continue to pray that it will happen. Thank you for being a part of our journey to Baby Zeb!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment