Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Something BIG is coming tomorrow!

Ok...What started as a "fluke" has turned into something pretty special. A little more than a month ago, I stumbled onto a website that's dedicated to raising money for adoptive families. At that time, they focused only on families adopting from Africa. Still, I emailed the woman who runs the site and told her our story--How we adopted Zeke from Vietnam and Quilla from Ethiopia, and now are stepping out in total faith to adopt from China. She wrote me back quickly to say she had been wanting to expand the site to feature families adopting from Asian countries. Wow...amazing!

So, we are going to be featured on this website tomorrow and the goal is pretty simple: To encourage as many people as possible (friends and strangers alike!) to give $1 to the Zeb Adoption Fund. Seriously, $1. When I think about $1, even though I'm in fundraising mode, I can still spare $1. You probably have $1 in change jangling around the bottom of your purse or in your car's glove compartment. But here's the coolest part...This website will feature a video about our family. We produced it and it features the kiddos. I'm so excited for you to see it!! As Brad said, even if we don't raise a single dollar, it's priceless to have this video that tells our family story.

First, I ask that you share the video on Facebook, Twitter, your blog, wherever you can because we hope that the more people see it, the more people will decide that YES, they can donate just $1 to our adoption. Second, if you can donate $1, that would be great. I'll post the video here and on my Facebook page tomorrow morning. In the meantime, thank you for all your love and prayers. It takes a village to raise a child, and it takes a village to adopt one too!

No comments: