Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wow!!

That's all I can say...Wow, God!!! Quilla is practically back to her old self today. She is still being stingy with her smiles because I don't think she wants anyone to think she actually likes being in the hospital. Still, she is sitting up and is drinking her bottle like a champ. She took 3 ounces at once in record time this morning and you couldn't hear her breathing!! I so wish all the nannies, nurses, doctors, and America World staff could see this AMAZING result of her surgery!! God is so good!!! I cried the first time she took a bottle yesterday. It was so EASY for her. I think it freaked her out a little because it was so effortless, especially compared to what it was like to drink formula pre-surgery. She would suck and work up a sweat and gasp for air. Awful! All of that is gone. Also, she has continued to burp some by mouth, a great indication that the fundoplication (wrap around the top of her stomach) is not too tight. This has been a big concern of mine so I'm thankful that it's not overly tight. We expect her to stay one more night and go home tomorrow. Will continue to update the blog!!

4 comments:

The Thomas Family, Artesia, NM said...

Praise God Missy! I have been crying at your posts because I can only imagine what a joy it is to see the improvement in your precious girl!

Leigh Ann

Anonymous said...

This just makes me smile & smile. Bonny in New Mexico (too!)

Anonymous said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! G-P Ron is glad little one is doing so good!!!!!

GLS said...

Praise the Lord! What wonderful news! So happy to hear that you'll be home soon. Anna's been praying for Baby Quilla.