We are just settling in to a long stretch of good Zeke sleep. I mean Zeke has been sleeping through the night for the better part of a month or so. He did wake up before 6 this morning and refused to let Brad put him back into the crib. Sweet Brad the Dad sat in the rocker and let Zeke sleep on his chest...was still there when I left for work.
I've been blog snooping and found a family that's been home with their baby (first child) for a week. They are totally sleep deprived. That first week home for us was MISERABLE on the sleep front. You're all three jet lagged and exhausted. On top of all that, the baby is still adjusting to these two new adults who love him so much and the smells/sounds/colors/etc. of a new home. I remember that week as one of the hardest weeks of my life. Zeke had an ear infection too and that made it extra miserable for him. Poor little guy. The good news? It gets better. But it's sure hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when baby is waking up 5 times a night. The best thing we did was put Zeke on a strict nap schedule. Once we began waking him up from his naps rather than letting him sleep as much as he wanted during the day, he slept much better at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment