Thursday, May 21, 2009

Names...just for kicks

Brad and I think we have settled on a first name for our baby girl from Ethiopia (wouldn't you love to know what it is?). However, we are in the process of choosing a middle name. I'm going to list a few that I like and I'd love to get your feedback!

Rose (my sister's middle name)
Ruth (though we had planned on naming our China baby Lily Ruth)
Helen (Brad's mom's middle name and his grandmother's first name)
Helena
Esther
Naomi
Maeve (Brad says he's going to veto this one but I still love it!)
Belle
Mignon (min-YAHN...it's French for "pretty")
Finn (I'm only so-so on this one.)

Do you have any suggestions or are you wild about any of these?

5 comments:

Terry said...

Well it's easy to guess my vote!!!
love,
terry helen :-)

Anonymous said...

I like Belle, because if the first name is what I think it might be, then it is a beautiful combination. And Belle means beautiful in French!

trav said...

one of my good friends has a BOY named Finn, but I guess it could go either way. Why not pick something completely Ethiopian? Like Assefa, which I found means "this birth has increased our family"...

Missy and Brad said...

Trav-Of course we're looking for Ethiopian names and will probably incorporate one of her given names like we did with Zeke. Assefa is really nice...I hadn't come across it in my search for Ethiopian girl names. Email me the website where you found it.

Meredith said...

So exciting! I haven't checked in for a while and had no idea that you guys were adopting from Ethiopia! (Don't know if you remember us or not, but we're friends of Jeff & Megan's.) We leave in two weeks or so to bring our little girl home from there! Hopefully somebody has already let you know about the upcoming get together for ET adoption families, but if not e-mail me and I'll fill you in!