Monday, December 29, 2008

Brothers and Sisters

One of the highlights of the holiday season is getting to see our siblings. I have a younger sister and a younger brother. Brad has a younger brother. We really loved growing up with siblings and have a whole new appreciation for them now that we're adults (we love you guys!). That's why we're praying about Zeke's future sibling(s). As you know, we are still in line to adopt from China. However, the wait continues to drag on. We don't want our children to be more than 3-4 years apart in age. That being the case, China isn't going to happen that "quickly." So, we're praying about other options: South Korea and Ethiopia keep coming up in our discussions and research. We will keep you posted but please pray for us as we seek what is best for our family of 3. By the way, if it turns out Zeke is it for us, we'll be fine with that. He's already a blessing far beyond anything we deserve.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Zeke would be so cute with a little sibling. I noticed you mentioned South Korea. Just to give you a heads up (if you hadn't heard the rumors), that "supposedly" Korea is talking about stopping international adoptions in 2012. But that's just talk... and you know how international adoptions can go.... If you need any more info on Korea, feel free to ask. Best of luck on your decision, I really hope China gets their act together though!!

Mrs. Misty said...

I am so happy to see that you are considering options for Zeke. I also grew up with siblings and I can't imagine not having them. Ahhh...Zeke as a big brother...how cute is that????
I miss you guys!!!
Love,
Misty

Anonymous said...

I so understand what you are going through...it is so irritating to see how slllllow the China line still is going, and we're not even "IN" it anymore! You've got a great attitude as far as realizing that if it is meant to be, it's meant to be...and if not, Zeke will truly be the most spoiled child on the planet---right up there with our Katie! ;)
Love
Kel